Recording your webinars is a very wise decision.
There are simply too many great ways to use your recordings to let them just float off into the cloud. Like what for example? You can…
- Give them to registerees who are unable to attend your event
- Post them on Youtube and Facebook for additional exposure
- Provide them to attendees who may need to review the content
- Promote them in email campaigns to future subscribers
- Leverage them as giveaways to generate opt-ins
- Embed them on your site for long-tail SEO and traffic generation
…just to name a few.
BUT let’s not forget why webinars have risen to such popularity in the first place.
It’s because they’re LIVE!
The live aspect of webinars is what drives value, attendance, and urgency. It’s what maximizes lead generation and sales! People who attend a live event are far more engaged, watch longer, and are more likely to act than those who simply watch (and sometimes fast-forward through) a recording.